Shoppers were left stunned after a mother gave birth outside a Primark store in Birmingham.
Emergency services were called to New Street in Birmingham city centre at around 2pm on Tuesday following reports of a pregnant woman going into labour.
Crowns gathered around the unidentified woman, who is said to have popped out for a bit of shopping on her own, when she started having contractions.
"We were just walking out of Primark when I saw a crowd of people," one onlooker told the Daily mail.
"We thought it was a street performance act. It was only when I walked out that I realised it was a woman giving birth."
Medics have since confirmed that the new-born and her mother are 'doing fine' following the dramatic delivery.
"It's a girl and she's doing fine," A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said. "Mother and baby are both okay, and have been taken to City Hospital."
No comments :
Post a Comment